2007-11-07

Next Week: HSBC and the IMF

Next week, we have two guests:

9:30 am - 10:30 am
Teresa Au, Head of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability, Asia Pacific Region, at HSBC

10:30 am - 11:30 am
Dr Olaf Unteroberdoerster, Resident Representative, International Monetary Fund (IMF)

To fit both speakers in, we will have to start promptly at 9.30 am so please try to come on time. In class today, I did not get to complete my short talk on corporate social responsibility (CSR). I have uploaded my lecture ppt file to the WebCT site, but over the next few days, I will post here some thoughts on CSR to help you prepare for Ms Au's presentation.

I mentioned today that when he comes to class next week Dr Unteroberdoerster will have just completed the "Article IV" review of Hong Kong. I suggest that before the next class you have a look at Article IV of the Articles of Agreement of the International Monetary Fund and the 2006 Article IV consultation report on Hong Kong.