2007-11-16

Our Final Guest: Jimmy Lai Chee-ying

I am pleased to confirm that our final guest of the semester will be Jimmy Lai Chee-ying, the Chairman of Next Media and the founder of Giordano and Apple Daily, one of the best-selling newspapers in Hong Kong. He will be in class on Wednesday, 28 November. I strongly suggest that you read Mr Lai's recent essay in Time magazine reflecting on Hong Kong ten years after the handover.

We will begin class promptly at 9.30 am. PLEASE MAKE AN EFFORT TO COME ON TIME, as I will only have 20 minutes to wrap up the course and tee up Mr Lai's session. At 9.50 am, staff from the Politics and Public Administration Department will have you fill out a formal evaluation of the course. This will take about 15-20 minutes. I will start the session with Mr Lai at 10.10 am.

As I have mentioned, I will be giving an optional wrap-up lecture and review session-cum-discussion on Friday, 7 December, from 2 pm to 4 pm in Theatre 5. All are welcome!